[outages] nac.net

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Thu Dec 6 20:27:21 EST 2012

Since this list is archived and googleable, I'd like for some accuracy and follow up here. So, this is really for memorialization purposes only.

The outage was related to an bad Ethernet cable between the telephone company and our gear in a remote central office of CenturyTel, in Newton, NJ. It affected a small number of DSL and T1 customers. The outage was not ours, but the phone company, and most importantly did not impact any datacenter or hosting clients whatsoever.