[outages] Akamai Offload reduction since the New Year?

dl kokushibyou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:06:12 EST 2012

This isn't an outage per say, however it is a pretty major reduction
of service availability that we've seen, and perhaps other folks on
this list have seen something similar.

Since literally 00:00:00 2012/01/01 our Origin Bandwidth Offload has
been slowly dropping. Prior to 01/01, we were seeing 97% offload from
our origin servers (not bad!)

Midnight 01/01/2012 Origin offload dropped to 95% and has been slowly,
steadily dropping since. Today we've reached a new low of 88%.

We've contacted Akamai and so far we've received very little feedback
about the cause, or why this happened so dramatically at midnight on
January 1st. Our origin infrastructure has not changed before or after
01/01.

THe lack of willingness to investigate on Akamai's end has caused me
to reach out to this list.
Has anyone else experienced something similar? If so would you please
contact me directly? I would love to hear your situation.

Thank you very much,

- S