[outages] Verizon IP VPN (MPLS service) problems in the U.S., anyone?

Brad Beck Brad.Beck at meritain.com
Tue Jan 17 18:13:28 EST 2012

Thanks Jeremy!

@jdc.parodius.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:12 PM
To: Brad Beck
Cc: outages at outages.org
Subject: Re: [outages] Verizon IP VPN (MPLS service) problems in the U.S., anyone?

Brad et al,

A little birdie within Verizon tells me that there was, quote, "a major,
*MAJOR* outage that has occurred".  I didn't get any more details
(because we saw no impact relating to my workplace), but our Account Rep
was surprised to know we knew of "an MPLS issue".  :-)

| Parodius Networking                     http://www.parodius.com/ |
| UNIX Systems Administrator                 Mountain View, CA, US |