[outages] Mediacom (Missouri ISP) fiber cut - large area

Daniel Wolf da.wolf at neopost.com
Mon Jan 30 18:32:15 EST 2012

(Let me know if this is not something you guys want to hear about. They cover a lot of Missouri so I'm submitting this)

Mediacom, an ISP that covers a wide area of Missouri (and the exclusive provider in some areas) has a fiber cut and their customers have lost internet connectivity.

Per their Twitter feed:
"There was a transport fiber damaged" (31min ago)
"There is currently a very large outage due to a damaged fiber line. Our technicians are working as quickly as they can."

http://twitter.com/#!/MediacomSupport

Regards,
Daniel Wolf