[outages] Anyone aware of L3 issues in the NY area?

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Thu Nov 1 17:10:44 EDT 2012

While there's a LOT more than that that's hosed, including a bunch of
our VZ circuits and Internap services, which come and go, I'm not
having problems specifically with L3 circuits or their SIP services.  As
others have reported L3 issues, that's probably just dumb luck on the
routing of our circuits.   We've got equipment and circuits terminated
at 325 Hudson.

However, note that anything going through

60 Hudson St
or
111 8th Ave
or
other places that I've not had to investigate personally but suspect are
out there

are probably not sources of consistent happiness at this time; though
last I heard they'd gotten the fuel pumps in 111 8th partially happy
again (or at least my circuit to there is talking to something live on
that end at this time).  We're being told, however, that our VZ circuits
that go through 60 Hudson are very wet, absolutely no ETR available at
this time.  I suspect that their gear is not very salt water resistant :-(

--Jon Radel
jradel at vantage.com
267-756-1014