[outages] Facebook down from

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Oct 11 11:29:55 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Damian Menscher" <damian at google.com>

> Just so nobody wastes time continuing to investigate, the outage appears to
> have been from ~23:13-23:32 pacific (it's been over for 45 minutes).

Nope.

For me, this morning, www.facebook.com resolves to c10r.facebook.com, which
is 69.171.242.74, and I can't even get the first hop on a traceroute to
there; I am assuming, though my shitty FiOS Westell router doesn't bother
to say, that FiOS's core hasn't a route to that network at the moment.

I saw intermittent outages on it last night as well.  FiOS St Pete FL.

I've been seeing this since around 0930EDTish.  Saw it some yesterday
afternoon as well, intermittently.  chat.facebook.com, their Jabber server
(actually jabber-03-01-snc6.tfbnw.net (66.220.151.99)) is up fine.

Cheers,
-- jra