[outages] Toronto, Primus Outage - PRI's and DC

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Oct 29 21:56:51 EDT 2012

On Oct 29, 2012, at 9:51 PM, "Jake Vandendool" <Jake.Vandendool at DoolSystems.com> wrote:

> Primus seems to be experiencing a major outage in Toronto at the moment.  We are seeing all PRI circuits down and a complete loss of network connectivity in their 10 Bay St. data centre.  All Primus support numbers result in a congestion tone when dialed.  No mention of a major outage on their support site: http://businesssupport.primus.ca/network-status.php
>
> Any further information out there?

I'm sure it's related, hearing reports of 18 foot waves on Lake Erie, snow in Columbus and elsewhere.  I've seen some photos of portions of NYC without power, etc…

I know areas of Northern Ohio have been having intermittent power outages as well.

Do hope everyone is safe from the storm.

- Jared

(a few links folks may find useful)

http://www.torontohydro.com/sites/electricsystem/poweroutages/pages/outagemap.aspx
http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/oh.html