[outages] 8x8 outage/111 8th Ave NYC

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Mon Oct 29 23:28:44 EDT 2012

I have no idea what is going on there. However, much of Manhattan is under water, under mandatory evacuation, and certainly no fuel deliveries are being made.

I am at my house in 07874. Considerable damage and lots of trees down.

We own datacenters in 07927, which still has utility power; and another in 07054 which is on generator with utility voltage roughly 14% high (about 550 volts).

We have equipment in 60 Hudson - as of now, it is still up.

We have lost one span of fiber between Morristown, NJ and Newark, NJ.

The situation is not great. I am grateful our centers are 100's of feet above sea level.