[outages] 8x8 outage/111 8th Ave NYC

Jim Meyer jim at geekdaily.org
Tue Oct 30 00:28:59 EDT 2012

XO reports they're on generators at 111 8th Ave and are still seeing issues to that data center.

Internap also has big issues, likely to go dead ~3:30-5:30a EDT 10/30/2012:
http://pastebin.com/d9espQRw

Init7 reports issues, but still has connectivity to NYIIX or Equinix NYC:
http://www.init7.net/en/status/&ticket=6088

Meanwhile, light reading on what folks did to gear up for Sandy:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/10/29/northeast-data-centers-brace-for-sandy/

It'll be interesting to see what mattered and what didn't.

--j

Power outage maps: http://www.governor.ny.gov/poweroutageinfo
Data center maps: http://www.datacentermap.com/
ConEd map with outages, weather radar: http://apps.coned.com/stormcenter_external_oru/default.html