[outages] Godaddy / Premium DNS outage?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue Sep 11 15:41:07 EDT 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Bret Palsson wrote:

> Curious… why did you wonder if they have Brocade routing gear? Wondering what prompted you to ask about that particular brand… Should I be worried about something?

If you run any TCAM based system and take full BGP tables on them, then, yes, you:
A: should be worries and / or
B: should have started trimming tables to fit in CAM and / or
C: should have started fiddling with the CAM sizing / layout and / or
D: be chatting with your vendor and checking the CAM size on your line cards.

There is no evidence yet that it was CAM exhaustion vs any of a whole bunch of other failures, but hey, now at least you know to start looking :-P