[outages] Godaddy / Premium DNS outage?

Cary Smith csmith at pickmta.com
Tue Sep 11 16:40:23 EDT 2012

I'm not surprised Go-Daddy went in the direction of "internal network events that corrupted router data tables". It is definitely the lesser of the two evils. To come out and admit they were hacked or experienced a DDOS would make Customers feel their information on Go-Daddy servers was potentially compromised. Hence the CEO's statement, " At no time was any customer data at risk or were any of our systems compromised."

Unless there's a government investigation, which is doubtful, none of us will really ever know what truly happened.

Cary W. Smith
MTA
1567 East 93rd. Avenue
Merrillville, IN 46410