[outages] Metro & North Atlanta (AT&T Metro-Ethernet Outage)

Aubrey Wells aubrey at vocalcloud.com
Thu Sep 20 15:32:19 EDT 2012

Update from ATT with more details:

The issue has been isolated to a LAG bundle between two 7609 routers
in Atlanta and ATS is isolating the offending VLAN so issue can be
mitigated. Network teams have identified the traffic is impacting
ATLNGACS4CW. The source of the traffic has been traced back to
ATLNGAPP4AW. Network teams are attempting to back trace the source of
the traffic on ATLNGAPP4AW to either another router or an access
circuit on this device. Troubleshooting through the network continues
to locate the root source of the VLAN loop. This is a process of
removing LAG bundles and core trunks from service until the CPU and
traffic normalize. The process is underway with ATS and the Cisco is
being engaged for additional support.  There is no ETTR at this time.