[outages] L3 cut in Baton Rouge?

Aubrey Wells aubrey at vocalcloud.com
Tue Sep 25 17:20:23 EDT 2012

Confirmed. From the L3 portal:

Network Event Summary:	 A suspected fiber cut in Sorrento, LA is
impacting unprotected services.
Event Ticket ID:	 5958781
Market Area Affected:	 Sorrento, LA
Ticket Create Date:	 9/25/12 7:27:24 PM GMT
Impacted For:	2 hours 13 minutes
Event Status:	 Active
Resolve Date:
Time Since Last Update:	30 minutes

9/25/12 8:47:58 PM GMT
Global Field Services advised that road construction crews digging in
the area have caused a possible pinch to the fiber. Global Field
Services states that a backhoe is en-route to the site to excavate and
access the fiber to further analyze the damage. An ETA of 21:15 GMT
for the backhoe to be onsite was provided. No estimated time to
restore is available.

9/25/12 8:29:51 PM GMT
The Field Technician shot the fiber from the Baton Rouge, LA site
towards Sorrento, LA and found an issue at approximately a
quarter-mile out from the Baton Rouge site. The Field Technician is
dispatching to the damage area for further investigation. The Field
Technician reported that road construction is ongoing in the area and
suspects that construction crews have damaged the fiber. No estimated