[outages] Chicago-area Level3 to Amazon AWS EAST-1

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Thu Sep 27 15:56:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 06:50:34PM +0000, Sarlas, George wrote:
> Since approx. 4am CT, we've been seeing 15-30% dropped packets for traffic going from our Chicago Level3 connection to Amazon's EAST-1 data center.  Our San Francisco office (also using Level3) isn't experiencing a problem.  I've re-routed this traffic to our backup Internet connection (Airlogic) for now, and that traffic is getting through just fine.  Anyone else seeing this problem?  Ticket already opened with Level3, waiting to hear back.  Thank you.

We've got a ticket open with Level3 that appears to be the same issue that
we've narrowed down with test cases to an issue in Level3's network in
Washington.  We suspect a problem with an individual link in a bundle that's
blackholing traffic.  Level3's escalated our ticket to the team that handles
those things, but we haven't heard anything back yet.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)