[outages] Charter Outage??

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 08:54:16 EST 2013

I can confirm both the coax and fiber outages in Wausau,Wisconsin. Not
being with an ISP or having the fancy lookup tools some of you guys have,
our fiber appears to be back up.  We've had clients all over the state
rolling up/down beginning early this morning.

Is there any word if this is affecting voice services as well?

Thanks,

Anthony Hook

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Jeremy Charles <JCharles at epic.com> wrote:

>  Correction... Teammate shut down our BGP sessions after calling charter
> and being told they had "a global BGP issue" and they were manually adding
> BGP routes to their equipment (not sure what that means).
>
> Our traffic and connectivity graphs indicate the problem started around
> 2am central. My teammate says his home charter internet service was out
> when he woke up this morning too.
>

> Sent from my phone; disregard quality of message.

- Anthony Hook