[outages] Internet and phone broked in Syria

Andree Toonk andree+outages at toonk.nl
Mon Dec 9 12:38:57 EST 2013

.-- My secret spy satellite informs me that at 2013-12-09 9:22 AM  Sajal
Kayan wrote:
> http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2013/Dec-09/240436-syria-internet-phones-being-restored-after-outage-tv.ashx
> Not sure about the scale of the outage...

It was a country-wide outage affecting all STE (Syrian
Telecommunications Establishment) networks which is 93% of all Syrian
prefixes.

The Only Syrian prefixes that were still reachable were 7 prefixes via
AS24814 ( Syrian Computer Society), connected via Turk Telecom AS2481

Services were restored (according to BGP data)  at 12:50 UTC after a 3h
20min outage.

Also see:
https://twitter.com/bgpmon/status/410000393590939649
https://twitter.com/bgpmon/status/410093999739777024