[outages] Verizon and Cogent packet loss

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Fri Dec 20 10:04:44 EST 2013

Unfortunately this has been going on for many months between Cogent and Cogent's peers. We had to engineer around cogent because anytime one of our users tried to use a VPN to us, it was unusable.  From what I have heard, this is a business not a technical issue and isn't going to be resolved anytime soon. There have been periods where the loss is less, but generally > 0.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039