[outages] Power Outage/Fiber Splice In Hawaii?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Jan 15 19:06:04 EST 2013

--- brentr at progressive-solutions.com wrote:
From: "Roberts, Brent" <brentr at progressive-solutions.com>

Looks like there is either a rather Large Power outage or Fiber Cut In Hawaii at the moment. I personally have multiple circuits down and Random packet loss to Different Carriers on the Islands. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

I can confirm that the ILEC here (Hawaiian Telcom) is/was having
troubles that're even affecting their POTS.  I no longer have any
insight as to what the trouble is exactly, though, as I haven't
worked there for a couple of years.

scott