[outages] SEA-ME-WE3 undersea cable cut

Ben Aitchison ben at meh.net.nz
Tue Jan 15 21:10:06 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 01:01:02PM +1100, Ian Henderson wrote:
> On 16/01/2013, at 12:51 PM, staticsafe wrote:
>
> > I'm getting reports of SEA-ME-WE3 being cut.
>
> Yep, been down since about 1400 UTC Wednesday 9th Jan. Last I heard is 11th Feb for restoration of a cut 1100km out from Tuas, Singapore toward Perth, Australia.

So how's Australia connectivity to Singapore atm?   One of the ISP's in New Zealand is randomly routing via the US... Telstraclear is generally routing via
Japan/Hong Kong.  But from reading about the Singapore Battle.net server for Starcraft 2, it sounded like Australia has a lot of ISP's with bad Asia routing in
general so may not make much difference.

Google appears to still go to China?

Ben.