[outages] Web UI

cyates at valueclick.com cyates at valueclick.com
Wed Jan 16 14:43:02 EST 2013

Sender: Chris Yates
Email: cyates at valueclick.com
Phone: 818-575-4581

Message:
Hello,

First off, thanks for an amazing utility.  This is in no way a gripe or complaint because what you are doing is awesome.  I did want to let you know that we were considering displaying both the outages.org map and list views of open alerts on our NOC dashboard (TV), but really weren't able to because we wanted to be able to save things like filters for types of outages and date ranges after refresh.  It appears that anytime the page is refreshed the view goes back to a 6 month unfiltered view.  I'm sure you can imagine all sorts of awesomeness (Landscape vs portrait orientation etc etc etc) that would be nice, so my only suggestion is to consider unmanned-dashboard type of viewing functionality.  (I feel funny even making a suggestion for something that I don't pay for and already is so awesome, so please take it for what it's worth)

Thanks,

Chris