[outages] SMS issues

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Mon Jul 8 16:49:11 EDT 2013

"binding" refers to the SMPP binds (TCP connections) that connect the
aggregator (Syniverse) to the customer (AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon/Sprint or
other large aggregators such as Iris or SAP/Sybase). These TCP connections
are the ones that transfer all the messages. Usually there are hundreds per
large carrier.