[outages] SMS issues

Kraig Beahn kraig at l2net.com
Mon Jul 8 18:25:21 EDT 2013

Without getting into too much detail or violating any existing NDA's
currently in place - we can say that all traffic is either encrypted via
(VPN/IPSEC/Public Internet) or for heavier users they can opt for
unencrypted private line ethernet transport, at the expense of the customer.

While a little older, here's a couple of documents that may help describe
the overall "connectivity model" Syniverse and other SMS participants
currently use:

http://cdn.l2net.com/dox/syniverse/CRX_PT_Syniverse_L2NC.pdf

http://cdn.l2net.com/dox/syniverse/Syniverse_Connectivity_Models_L2N_Public.pdf

Kindly,