[outages] Cogent peering issues in Chicago?

Julian Y Koh kohster at northwestern.edu
Tue Jun 4 08:15:09 EDT 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 07:02 , Erich Kaiser <erich at corp.airlogic.net>
 wrote:

> Anyone seeing sporadic issues with Cogent?  I was unable to browse certain sites for about 6:52am to 6:58am, now things seem normal again.

Our Cogent peering in Chicago has been solid for a long time.  I do see a dip in inbound traffic in that 6:55 window, but it's not a big enough dip to be distinguishable from regular noise, and we're only polling at 5 minute intervals anyway, so nothing conclusive there.  There was a bit of spike in BGP updates received right around then too, but again nothing crazy.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>