[outages] Cogent peering issues in Chicago?

Tim Huffman tim at bobbroadband.com
Mon Jun 10 14:16:15 EDT 2013

We are seeing the same issues with customer VPN/VOIP traffic having issues traversing to Verizon through Cogent. Here's what appears to be their canned response.

"Dear Cogent Customer,

The latency and/or packet loss that you are experiencing to this destination is due to occasional high traffic with Verizon. Our peering engineers are actively working with Verizon to address this as quickly as possible."

Anybody heard any more details, or an ETA?
Tim Huffman
Director of Engineering
Business Only Broadband
999 Oak Creek Dr, Lombard, IL 60148
Direct: 630.590.6012 | Main: 630.590.6000 | Fax: 630.986.2496
thuffman at bobbroadband.com<mailto:thuffman at bobbroadband.com>  |  http://www.bobbroadband.com/
Cell:  630.340.1925 | Toll-Free Customer Support:  877.262.4553
[https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/933825/747f0f3e66a4e0ce7633ff898bfc5121/image/png]  Follow Us on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/business-only-broadband>  |  [https://files.icontact.com/templates/v2/CleanAndSimple/images/twitter.gif]   Follow Us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#%21/BOBbroadband>
P please consider the environment prior to printing