[outages] Facebook web interface partial outage 2120 EDT 6/18

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jun 18 21:31:15 EDT 2013

Some subset of FB appears to be down for some people from some places
for about the last 10 minutes; according to both my experience and reports
from a couple dozen people on twitter.

I'm on Sprint 4G in Tampa.  Got some error messages, and now no response
to homepage or internal links... in Chrome.   Clearing cookies and local
storage didn't help.

Fresh login on Firefox on the same machine *did* work; I suspect a load
balancer broke, and Chrome has the IP internally cached and won't drop it.

Win7 resolves www.facebook.com to 69.171.242.27, star.c10r.facebook.com

Can't post an mtr; I'm on Windows.

Most of the things that appear to be outage reports are in other languages,
mostly South American, I think, Portuguese, Spanish...

... and see?  You write a detailed enough report, and it will come back before
you're done.

Anyway, followups to -discuss, unless your email is @facebook.com, and you
*know* what was going on.  :-)

Cheers,