[outages] Frontier - Fiber Cut - Tomahawk Wisconsin

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:19:06 EDT 2013

There's a fiber cut in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.  I'm speaking some colleagues
in other areas in Northern Wisconsin, and heard from a Frontier Rep that
confirmed this.

There are two ISPs in the area, as far as I know anyone using Frontier is
affected.  Badgernet (Wisconsin provider for Schools, Libraries,
Government) may also be affected.

The status on the other ISP in the area, Charter, is not known to me.

Internet service in the following cities/areas are affected:

Rhinelander
Minocqua/Hazelhurst/Arbor Vitae
Tomahawk
Crandon (including Forest County Potawatomi Nation)

I currently don't know an ETA on repairs.

*Typing this, tethered to my phone, from a coffee shop*
--
- Anthony Hook