[outages] worldnic.com / Network Solutions DNS outage

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Wed May 22 01:00:33 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 09:54:02PM -0700, Oneiric Lists wrote:
> Clients with domains registered at Network Solutions are reporting their sites are inaccessible. The issue looks to be related to worldnic.com DNS services.
>
> http://dnscheck.pingdom.com/ shows the following errors:
>
> * Delegation not found at parent:
> 	No delegation could be found at the parent, making your zone unreachable from the Internet
> * Not enough nameserver information was found to test the zone www.<domain>.com, but an IP address lookup succeeded in spite of that.
>
> The issue looks to be resolved now, but did anyone here notice similar issues?

I saw something similar to this on May 15th, and it started roughly
around the same time as your mail tonight.  See my list post:

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2013-May/005561.html

The issue was gone by morning.

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2013-May/005562.html

I would not be surprised if this was some kind of Netsol maintenance
that they just don't bother announcing.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |