[outages] L3 - Outage MS Area ???

Phil Holmes pholmes at getjive.com
Thu Nov 14 09:53:32 EST 2013

We saw about 40 min of downtime early this morning (~12:00am - 12:40am CST)
on one of our level3 bgp circuits in the Dallas, TX area and received this
communication from level3:

Level 3 Communications will implement scheduled maintenance to perform
software upgrades as part of a large project on the Level 3 Transport
network, involving several GCRs over several nights. There is a potential
that the same circuit will be impacted across multiple GCRs. This work is
being done in order to provide fixes and features currently unavailable as
well as to maintain current software loads on our network equipment. This
software upgrade is service affecting for Ethernet services terminating to
the devices undergoing this upgrade.

The typical impact ranges from 30 to 230 seconds, with an expected outage
of no more than 5 minutes. If you experience a greater than 5 minute impact
to your services please contact the Technical Service Center at
1-877-4LEVEL3.

Updates

This window of this maintenance has completed successfully.

Phil Holmes

On Nov 14, 2013, at 7:32 AM, Mitch Patterson <mitpatterson at gmail.com> wrote:

Saw some intermittent service on one of t1's in the area. Nothing official

Outages at outages.org