[outages] Cox peering issues

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Sep 4 16:21:15 EDT 2013

On Sep 04, 2013, at 16:07 , Bryan Riley <bryan.riley at oncalltelecom.com> wrote:

> I’ve seen heavy latency on Cox network over the past two days.
> My understanding is that it’s a peering issue between Cox Communications and Equinix in Ashburn, VA.
> This seems to be affecting a lot of customers in the service area.
> Anyone else seeing these issues or have anything to add that may help?

"Equinix" is not an ISP. They are a colo provider, and run an Internet Exchange.

If Cox's port to the IX is congested, that would cause issues with some destinations, but not others.

Do you have MTRs, traceroutes, or anything else other than "heavy latency" with zero actual data to help investigate?

--
TTFN,
patrick