[outages] [Outages-discussion] spam to outages folks from qualisystems.com?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 23 22:14:57 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com>

> It looks like slimeball spammers are scraping the outages lists
> foe email addresses. Someone told me they see this scum company
> on these lists. Has anyone gotten one of these, so I can validate
> the info is correct?

I've not myself seen any, Scott, and yours is the first report.

<moderator>
But, for the record:

*IT IS NOT PERMISSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO SCRAPE THIS LIST OR IT'S ARCHIVE
FOR EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR COMMERCIAL EMAIL*.

If a list member *solicits* suggestions, recommendations, or quotes, that's
another thing.

The fact that I had to say it concerning these lists should not be considered
evidence for exceptio probat regulum: it's *never* OK to do that.  Anywhere.
</moderator>

Cheers,
-- jr "you'd think people would get it by now" a