[outages] Globe-spanning SEA-ME-WE 3 sea cable feared cut, broken or ...

Frank Bulk (iname.com) frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Dec 2 17:55:28 EST 2014

Confirmed here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/02/seamewe_3_submarine_cable_reports_outage/

Frank

From: v6ops [mailto:v6ops-bounces at ietf.org] On Behalf Of George Michaelson
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 4:06 PM
To: John Mann
Cc: v6ops at ietf.org WG
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Bar BoF on a 6to4 replacement?

And.. we just lost SEA-ME-WE3. So there is no direct to SG and there won't be for > 2mo judging by the last delay (Indon doesn't like cable ships operating without a licence)

HK? Its reached via Japan. Japan? its reached via Hawaii, Guam, or LA.

So these apparent optimal routes by ASN, are sometimes significantly less optimal.

I stand by my words: Tunnels are a mechanism which foist unexpected RTT outcomes.

-G

<snip>