[outages] Zayo/Abovenet Issues in SF Bay Area

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Feb 10 22:02:09 EST 2014

So far, Zayo has given no update to us and claims that there is no ETA/ETR
on the parent ticket.
The rumor mill is suggesting that a customer of theirs is suffering a large
NTP amplification DDOS.

Issues for us started at around 1:44pm (-0800).

We still observe traffic blackholing or routing loops occasionally, it
lasts for ~10min and then it comes right back for 20 - 45min.
I've just shutdown Abovenet/Zayo BGP sessions for now.

Cheers,
jof