[outages] Internap Being DDoS'd

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Wed Feb 12 13:26:48 EST 2014

To second Jared on this one, we’ve seen a HUGE increase in NTP-based attacks over the past several weeks with our colo customers. It’s very efficient too – even a pretty low end machine can saturate a 100M link. It reminds me of SQL slammer…

If you haven’t yet checked that you’re safe from this you should. See:

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA14-013A
and
https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA14-017A

for more info…