[outages] Level 3 issues....again

Mitch Patterson mitpatterson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 05:41:12 EST 2014

Final notes from them. Any one still seeing issues? My direct level 3
circuits look good on a spot check. Still having issues with a ISP that has
Level 3 as their only major upstream

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 13-Feb-2014 10:32:49 GMT From CASE: 7538219 -
Event A packet loss issue impacted IP Services across multiple markets in
the North America. The Technical Service Center worked with the IP NOC to
develop a configuration change to a larger group of customers to expedite
restoration. After the configuration change was run, teams validated the
deployment success to ensure stability. The Operations Engineering team
reported that the configuration change that was developed was successful in
resolving the packet loss issue. It was communicated that the issue has
resolved and services have restored. If additional issues are experienced,
please contact the Level 3 Technical Service Center.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Mitch Patterson <mitpatterson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Latest update
>
> *** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 13-Feb-2014 09:07:11 GMT From CASE: 7538219 -
> Event Security Ops attempted to apply filters on the network routers to
> reject the IP traffic of the DDoS attacks.  However, the filters were
> unsuccessful due to the multiple sources of the attack.  Security is
> attempting another plan to limit the effect of the attack on the targeted
> destination of the DDoS attack.
>

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Mitch Patterson <mitpatterson at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Same reply they gave me.
>> On Feb 13, 2014 3:27 AM, "Petter Bruland" <
>> Petter.Bruland at allegiantair.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  We saw similar issues with Level3 at Switch SuperNAP in Las Vegas.
>>>
>>> Last we heard:
>>> Level-3 IP NOC Team and Security Ops are applying filters on affected
>>> routers to re-establish routing sessions and restore normal operations but
>>> they have not provided any ETR as of now.
>>>
>>> -P
>>>

>>>   *Petter Bruland *| Network Engineer
>>> Allegiant Travel Company
>>> 8360 S. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89113
>>> Phone: (702) 874-3332 | Cell: (702) 286-6549
>>> petter.bruland at allegiantair.com