[outages] Level 3 issues in Ashburn

Luke Rockwell luke.rockwell at alumni.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:21:44 EST 2014

here is the final outage info. it has been cleared

1/17/14 10:46:07 AM GMTThe Technical Services Center has confirmed that all
services are up and active. If additional issues are experienced, please
contact the Level 3 Technical Service Center at 1-877-4LEVEL3.1/17/14
10:36:53 AM GMTThe Technical Services Center is still confirming the
restoration of all customers.1/17/14 9:17:13 AM GMTThe Technical Services
Center is still confirming the restoration of all customers.1/17/14 8:17:03
AM GMTTransport NOC reports splicing is complete. The technical service
center has been engaged to confirm restoration with customers.1/17/14
7:52:36 AM GMTField crews report splicing continues and there are 2 tubes
remaining to be spliced. Transport NOC is monitoring alarms.1/17/14 6:58:51
AM GMTTransport NOC reports field teams continue splicing and are reporting
6 tubes remaining to be spliced. An ETTR of 1 hour has been provided.1/17/14
5:46:03 AM GMTTransport NOC advises the field crews have completed splicing
in the West pit and have 8 tubes remaining in the East pit. Teams continue
splicing and expect to be complete in 1 hour.1/17/14 5:04:06 AM GMTTransport
NOC advises field crews are reporting splicing is just over half way
complete. It is estimated that splicing should be complete in about 2 hours
or so.1/17/14 4:31:56 AM GMTTransport NOC reports splicing continues in the
field. The West pit reports 18 tubes spliced while the East is reporting 12
tubes spliced. Alarms are clearing as splicing continues.1/17/14 3:34:35 AM
GMTTransport NOC reports the field advises they are almost half way
complete with splicing and expect the remaining splicing to be complete in
2 to 3 hours. Transport NOC is monitoring alarms as they clear.

*Luke Rockwell*
Systems and Support Analyst
Information Technology

Cal Alumni Association | UC Berkeley