[outages] Two of www.ebay.com's six IPs timing out on HTTPv4 request

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 23 01:58:31 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jeremy Chadwick" <jdc at koitsu.org>

> $ for i in `dig a www.ebay.com +short | grep -v www` ; do printf
> "%-32s%-20s" "`date`" "$i" ; curl -i -s -S -H "Host: www.ebay.com"
> http://$i/ >/dev/null ; echo $? ; done

Given the volume, intensity, and duration of the "systemd is the worst
designed anti-Unix-Philosophy POS ever and I want to do things to Lennart
that would probably get me arrested" rant I just finished with, I can't
decide whether to laugh or cry at that pipeline...

Cheers,
-- jr 'WHY has everyone drunk the Flavor-Aid?' a