[outages] 1-28-2014 - AT&T outage in Maryland area

Bertram, Matthew mbertram at acuative.com
Wed Jan 29 14:00:49 EST 2014

Sorry, meant to update this morning, but I've been fighting with an independent telco out in Texas all day.

We were told that a "cable repair" team had been deployed to resolve this outage.  We saw our circuit come up around 12:00 AM ET.  At the time AT&T stated they were still actively working the trouble.

The last update on our ticket states (timestamp is CST by the way):

01/29/2014,01:21:07:[AT&T ]
Activity Type Code Desc: GENERAL COMMENTS
Activity Type Code: GEN
THE FOLLOWING STATUS INFORMATION ON YOUR TROUBLE HAS BEEN SENT FROM
AT&T NETWORK OPERATIONS.
        ...per GNOC, TCB has been closed...check
        ed muliple T3's and see them up as of 23
        :00 on 1/28...closing tickets...

I chatted in with AT&T and they state the RFO was simply "repaired fiber cut."

Wish I could get a little more detail on the event, but that's probably going to be it.  I'll try to bug our service manager for any additional info, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to.

- Matt