[outages] Pac-West Outage

Mitch Patterson mitpatterson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:45:22 EDT 2014

We got a notice from Voip Innovations a few hours ago:

   - I NOC has recently become aware of an issue affecting all inbound
   traffic to DIDs on the PacWest network. Calls to these DIDs are failing to
   a fast busy, dead air, or a not in service message. This issue was
   originally reported around 0925 EDT (1325 GMT) and is currently under
   investigation by the carrier. Below is the most recent correspondence from
   the carrier:

   SERVICE AREA EFFECTED: ALL

   NETWORK EVENT: Service Impairment

   IMPACT OF EVENT: All calls failing to fast busy or dead air

   We are working diligently to resolve the issue, and are committed to
   minimizing impact to your business and will restore service as quickly as
   possible. You will receive an additional notification when the event is
   resolved along with additional details regarding follow-up actions.

   If you are unsure if your DID(s) are affected, you may locate the
   Provider information in the back office under DIDs > My DIDs > My Local
   DIDs by looking under the Network column, or open a ticket through the back
   office or by emailing support at voipinnovations.com

   We will continue to monitor this issue and provide updates as they are
   received from the carrier.
   -