[outages] Verizon

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Sat Jun 28 17:50:09 EDT 2014

On Jun 28, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Mark Kierzkowski <markk at americaneagle.com> wrote:

> Is any one see any issues on verizon east cost network?

I’m not sure if you’re referring to their IP network or their cellular service, but they seem to be going on 24+ hours of a billing/activation/provisioning outage on their wireless side.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/27/5849620/verizon-wireless-systems-are-offline

There are a few VZW reps in this reddit thread chiming in with more details:

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/298yt9/verizon_wireless_customers_have_been_unable_to/

Customer facing issues include being unable to activate/change service, and if you dial #MIN to check your usage, instead of the automated system you’re being forwarded to a representative who can’t tell you much.

I can’t vouch for it’s authenticity, but I’ve seen this in a few places now: