[outages] Amazon AWS issues from Montreal/Toronto/New York

Eric Dugas EDugas at zerofail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:37:36 EDT 2014

Anyone have trouble with Amazon AWS from the East Coast? We're receiving the routes from AS16509 from Tiscali in Montreal and I wasn't even able load status.aws.amazon.com. I can load amazon.com (HTML and CSS) but all the static images served from Cloudfront are not loading at all.

We directly peer with Amazon at the NYIIX for Cloudfront so I tried to flip the traffic from it through our HE link in NYC by deactivating the direct session with Amazon, no go so far.

Thanks

Eric Dugas
edugas at zerofail.com
Network Management Group