[outages] APCN2 broked.

Paul Zugnoni pzugnoni at linkedin.com
Sun Mar 30 20:18:00 EDT 2014

There are 2 faults. One on S6 and one on S4, with estimated repairs completed on April 4 and April 8, respectively.

Links I find useful:
http://submarinenetworks.com/systems/intra-asia/apcn-2/apcn-2-submarine-cable-system
http://www.submarinecablemap.com/#/submarine-cable/apcn-2

Even though Thailand isn't directly connected via APCN-2, your service could be affected by congestion of upstream carriers managing their traffic. Care to share a traceroute to the Japan and US destinations for which you see higher latency?

Paul Zugnoni
Network Engineering at LinkedIn
pzugnoni at linkedin.com

www.linkedin.com/in/paulzugnoni<http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulzugnoni>