[outages] Lightower, Worcester, MA fiber cut

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 7 04:04:28 EST 2014

Updates as of 01:41:40 -0500 and 02:58:11 -0500:

"We have two (2) 288 cables that were burnt through in this National
Grid enclosure. National Grid has informed us that there is an exposed
high tension power line in this enclosure and there will no access
granted in the near future. National Grid has deemed this manhole
unsafe at this time. Lightower is working on an alternate solution
that will re-route fibers around the affected man hole. NO ETTR at
this time."

My initial outage time was exactly 18:58:54 EST on two circuits.