[outages] Akamai problems on east coast/Verizon?

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Fri Oct 10 13:12:45 EDT 2014

I've seen two sites now fronted by Akamai - travelocity.com and retailmenot.com - produce "DNS Failure" errors from the edge, suggesting Akamai edge servers unable to reach back-end caches or origin servers. Anyone else noticing this?

IPs I've seen for the edge sites in question:

[~/]$ host www.travelocity.com
www.travelocity.com is an alias for www.travelocity.com.edgekey.net.
www.travelocity.com.edgekey.net is an alias for e8329.b.akamaiedge.net.
e8329.b.akamaiedge.net has address 23.203.11.138

[~/]$ host www.retailmenot.com
www.retailmenot.com is an alias for wildcard.retailmenot.com.edgekey.net.
wildcard.retailmenot.com.edgekey.net is an alias for e3849.b.akamaiedge.net.
e3849.b.akamaiedge.net has address 172.231.217.199

I'm on a Verizon Jetpack right now in eastern Maryland, if that helps...

Thanks,

-C