[outages] major (fiber? routing ? ) issues in south - tn, alabama, elsewhere?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Tue Aug 4 17:04:18 EDT 2015

Once upon a time, CBB - Jay Fuller via Outages <outages at outages.org> said:
> No Verizon OR AT&T Cell service in parts of North Alabama (Cullman, Florence)
> Isolated reports coming in from all over North Alabama.
> At least one WISP reports an outage in TN - backbone is AT&T
> Anonymous report from a friend who works at TVA tells me they have problems with all their MPLS connections.
>
> Here is one news story linking to it:
>
> http://whnt.com/2015/08/04/social-media-users-report-widespread-cell-outages/

Hmm, sitting in downtown Huntsville, I'm not seeing any problems in our
office this afternoon (people have T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon cells).
I'm not aware of any fiber cuts impacting any of our circuits (or at my
former employer, just down the block).

AT&T stuff largely doesn't cross the AL/TN state line (old LATA
boundry); last I asked, their stuff went from here to Birmingham and
Atlanta, not north.

I did just see a friend in Kentucky say AT&T cell is out there (and into
Tennessee).

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>