[outages] Possible Centurylink datacenter issue in New Jersey?

Aubrey Wells awells at digiumcloud.com
Fri Aug 28 14:37:17 EDT 2015

The following is what I was sent yesterday by a customer after they talked
to CL:

XXX* Hosting Operations*

xXX* Software as a Service, HVAC issues.*

At approximately 11:53 AM ET today, August 27, 2015, the CenturyLink data
center used for xxx SaaS informed us that they are experiencing a
catastrophic HVAC failure. We have been very actively working with
CenturyLink, but unfortunately their latest guidance is the failure will
not be corrected for several hours.

At this time xxx servers are beginning to experience thermal issues due to
the HVAC failure, and performance has been impacted. There are also
cascading failures occurring with the data center network systems, which
are impacting xxx access. If there is not an unexpected improvement from
the data center within the next 30 minutes (and we do not expect an
improvement based on the latest update), we will begin a safe shutdown
process on all xxx servers.

Nothing since this and no ETR.