[outages] Fiber cut in SF affecting at least L3 and Comcast

Greg Nichols greg.nichols at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:10:51 EDT 2015

Both of our connections to Comcast and L3 seem fine, but we get packet loss
connecting to pretty much anything on the internet.  When we called comcast
they said that there was a fiber cut in SF somewhere.  We initially saw
problems on comcast, switched everything to L3 and still had issues.  We
finally switched internet access to our DR site in Seattle (also comcast)
and it's working now but slow because of the routing / smaller capacity.