[outages] EDGE: Anyone seeing 100% CPU on Fortigate edge routers?

Andy Brezinsky andy at mbrez.com
Thu Jan 15 18:47:25 EST 2015

We have a few dozen out there in the field and haven't seen anything today.

If you see the issue again, get on the unit and run 'diag sys top' to
find the process that is burning CPU.  We have in the past seen ssl, imd
(instant messaging intercept daemon), cache etc cause issues.  That will
at least point you in the right direction to what is causing issues.

You can then 'diag system kill <signal> <pid>' to restart it.  Google
the process name before doing that to make sure it's not something critical.