[outages] Local Calls Inbound Failing

Ahmed Jalal ahmed at kloud7.com
Mon Jun 1 15:56:17 EDT 2015

The issue has been resolved as of 12:55PM CST today. It started at 9:03AM CST and all local calling to the 480 LATA was disrupted. We had tickets open with L3, Verizon, voip innovations and AT&T all stated that the issue is with a tandem trunk. Nobody knows what was done to fix the issue but calls are now getting to our networks just fine.

My only question is who needs to be contacted when something like this happens and how is it monitored. Companies like AT&T give you a resolution time of 4 days which is not acceptable in cases like this. If anyone knows what to do next time I would greatly appreciate the input.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Jalal