[outages] Windstream - Atlanta failures

Slade Edmonds slade.edmonds at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:38:22 EDT 2015

We've been battling intermittent outages with our Windstream MPLS network
for a long while now. Yes, there are the major outages we've suffered that
seem to impact Windstream customers nationwide, but on top of those we also
have intermittent outages that seem to only impact our Atlanta location,
and for brief periods of time.  Just curious if there are any other Atlanta
area customers running Windstream MPLS that experience these blips.  To be
accurate, we are actually about 50 miles west of Atlanta (Carrollton).
Anyway, here's two from today 5/28/2015:

Outage 1:

2:06 a.m. EST - Carrollton went off the map for about 7 seconds.  No loss
of BGP peering, no loss of BGP routes.

Outage 2:

12:32 p.m. EST - Carrollton went off the map for about 45 seconds.  No loss
of BGP peering, no loss of BGP routes.

Thanks!