[outages] Eastern Nebraska fiber cut

Andy Ringsmuth andy at andyring.com
Wed Sep 2 16:46:18 EDT 2015

I’m not sure which company owns the fiber, but apparently a 288-pair fiber cable fought a losing battle with a backhoe near Columbus, Nebraska earlier today. For sure it affects TimeWarner service (data, TV and presumable telephone) in the Nebraska communities of Seward, York, David City and parts of Lincoln. Currently technicians are attempting to find enough slack in the cable for a repair from what I’m told. If not, they’ll have to splice in a new piece which would push an ETA back to Thursday morning.

---
Andy Ringsmuth
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
(402) 304-0083